There could be a million variations on an egg cupcake, depending on what you have in your fridge. I like packing them with veggies, a little meat, and some cheese. Then you can keep them in the fridge for a quick breakfast or snack. They’re good cold or hot. Just like eggs, these might be the perfect little NSNG food.
Quick tip–make sure you press or drain any excess water from the veggies you put into your egg cupcakes or else they will be soggy, and that would be grody.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 cups packed fresh spinach
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 3 slices of prosciutto, trim the fat, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 6 eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- ¾ cup shredded cheddar
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Olive oil spray for muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Heat olive oil in saute pan on medium high heat. Dump spinach into pan, add onion powder, toss together, and cover and cook until spinach is wilted (about 2 minutes). Remove spinach from pan and set on paper towel to drain. If desired, saute prosciutto until crispy, and remove from heat.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs and heavy cream, and season with fresh pepper and a pinch of salt. Add cheese to eggs and mix well. Spray your muffin pan with olive oil spray to prevent sticking. Evenly distribute spinach and prosciutto into muffin cups. Evenly pour the eggs in the muffin cups over the spinach and prosciutto. Cook for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve immediately using a dull knife to easily get egg cupcakes out of the muffin pan.